You hear a lot of talk in the wine business about handcrafted wines. At James Family Cellars, handcrafted isn’t just a marketing term. Handcrafting means nurturing the grapes every step of the way from the vineyard to the bottle. Once they are off the vine, grapes like to be cool. Keeping them cool retains the bright, ripe flavors that make for the most flavorful wine. In the winery we nurture the natural process and embrace old world traditions. We know it takes more time to make wine this way, but by refusing to rush the process we know that our patience will be rewarded with quality.
Handcrafting means paying attention to each of the steps that go into making the exceptional wines for which James Family Cellars is earning it’s reputation. Through each step of the process we let the wine tell us when it is ready for the next step. Ready to go into the barrel, ready to come out of the barrel, ready to go into the bottle and ready to be released.
Our commitment to low-impact wine making is one of the things that makes James Family Cellars wines unique.
Current Wine Selection
- 2011 Pinot Noir – Stony Point Vineyards, Sonoma Coast
- 2012 Pinot Noir – Stony Point Vineyards, Russian River Valley
- 2013 Pinot Noir – Stony Point Vineyards, Russian River Valley
- 2013 Pinot Noir – Stony Point Vineyards, Judy’s Block, Russian River Valley
- 2014 Rose’ of Pinot Noir – Stony Point Vineyards, Russian River Valley
- 2014 Chardonnay – Russian River Valley
- 2012 Chardonnay – Russian River Valley
- 2010 Pinot Noir Notes ‘Best of Class, Double Gold 2012 Harvest Fair*
- 2009 Pinot Noir*
- 2008 Pinot Noir *
- 2012 Rose of Pinot Noir*
- 2009 Dry Creek Syrah *
- 2009 Dry Creek Zinfandel *
* Sorry, these wines are SOLD OUT. Don’t miss a future opportunity to enjoy our limited production wines – Join the wine club today!